To apply, please also email your resume to MFG18Careers.US@wuxibiologics.com
The following job description applies to the position, department and business unit as stated below:
Job Title: Facility EHS Associate or Specialist
Location: Cranbury, NJ, USA
Site/Department: Worcester MFG 18 Operation
Business Unit or Division: WuXi Biologics Development
Line Manager: EHS Department Head
II. Job Summary
Serve as Site EHS specialist for a Bioprocess development and manufacturing facility to assist EHS document preparation, support employee safety training program, coordinate with 3rd party service vendor to manage Lab and manufacturing hazard control system. Being a general safety advocate for the facility to ensure all that the enter the facility understand the safety issues at the site, as they vary in time, and stock the facility with appropriate safety gear and phone numbers for support should an event occur. Assist site leadership to enforce EHS system and ensure employee safety, facility operation success and inspection/audit compliance from environmental, health and safety perspective for biopharmaceutical clinical manufacturing and development site at Cranbury, New Jersey.
III. Essential Job Functions
- Interface with all site employees to provide safety operation support by helping standard procedure development, EHS documentation preparation, Lab signage poster, EHS equipment procurement and stock maintenance.
- Coordinate with site leadership, scientist and 3rd party service vendor(s) to support hazard storage and waste pick up program on track to ensure facility operation control. This includes maintaining the site safety hazard lists, coordinate chemical and biowaste pick up on time, emergency responder, etc.
- Assist EHS permit application preparation and follow up the actions. Learn and grow expertise in EHS areas in related to local State and federal government regulations and guidelines and industry best practices. Examples of programs include Lockout / Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, Biologic Safety, etc.
- Identify and report any potential lab and manufacturing operation risks and support solution development to eliminate or minimize the safety risks to employees and the impact on the facility operations. Be responsible to respond to hazardous material emergencies, and EHS incident/near miss investigation and follow up CAPA.
- Support and track employee training and client/external EHS agencies’ inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimally Bachelor degree in science discipline (Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene is preferred).
- Candidate should possess strong interests with safety and EHS field in Biotech and Biopharmacurtical industry environment.
- Require problem solving and interpersonal skills of working with dynamic cross function teams.
- Must work in a self-motivated, multiple tasks, highly flexible, well-organized and detailed-oriented style.
- Proficient skills using MS Office products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.