WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class, globally integrated testing solution for drug development and medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. We are seeking a Senior Scientist Scientist I within our Bioanalytical Group located in Plainsboro, NJ.
Job Summary: The Senior Scientist I will hold the role of Principal Investigator/Study Director and is primarily responsible for the preparation, conduct, and administration of the bioanalytical portion of a study at WuXi AppTec in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and institutional policy governing the conduct of sponsored research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, plans, and carries out research and project development with limited supervision.
- Independently devises experimental studies in accordance with GLP, EPA, FDA, and OECD or other applicable regulations.
- May independently devise procedures or studies to search out causes and remedies for problems.
- Performs and/or oversees work to attain objectives.
- Supervises other research personnel, as appropriate.
- Compiles, records, calculates, and analyzes data in accordance with accepted standards and practices. Interprets significance of results and draws conclusions.
- Writes comprehensive reports, recommending application of finings, and presents clear and concise oral reports of processes and accomplishments.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assigned projects, such as acting as study director/ principal investigator, and assumes a continuing responsibility for contributing ideas related to this area of investigation.
- Maintains professional contact with developments in the environmental, metabolism chemistry, and/or pharmaceutical areas.
- May act as a project coordinator.
- May serve as a contact for the sponsor.
- Guides and counsels employees in order to contribute to the goals of the company and to encourage personal growth.
- Follows company’s safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
- Doctoral degree in chemistry, biology, or a related discipline, or equivalent
- Post-doctoral experience is desirable
- Any similar combination of education and experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience with small molecule LC-MS/MS analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in method development utilizing various techniques
- Experience in unitizing liquid handlers for sample analysis and aliquotting.
- Knowledge of various plat forms of MS/MS as Analyst and MassLynx
- Experience and knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation and report writing.
- Knowledge of utilizing Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Relevant industrial experience will be an advantage.
- Experience in trouble shooting LC-MS/MS equipment.
- Experience in trouble shooting analytical methods on timely fashion
- Must be able to work in an office environment with typical noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to Lift up to 20 lbs routinely
- Must be able to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Must be able to push/pull up to 20 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started.