WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class, globally integrated testing solution for drug development and medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries.
We are seeking a Post Doc Bioanalysis Scientist I within our DMPK-PK Group located in Cranbury, NJ. The jobholder would play an important role in our Non-GLP LC-MS large molecule bioanalytical activity. Perform intact protein or “signature peptide” quantitation method development, method qualification, sample analysis, and report writing in support of discovery and development programs in the area of DMPK.
- Responsible for evaluating and applying various technologies in the field of large molecule bioanalysis with LC-MS analysis, which include but not limited to immunoaffinity purification, trypsin digestion, peptide mapping, signature peptide evaluation, and etc.
- Develop and implement new assays and data analytical workflows. Assay development may be focused in Top-Down (intact protein), or Bottom-Up (Signature peptide) as well as others that may be requested in the future.
- Functions as a study director, principle investigator, or project coordinator including serving as a primary contact for sponsors, responsibilities include planning and supervising more complex and exacting research studies.
- Writes comprehensive reports, recommending application of finings, and presents clear and concise oral reports of processes and accomplishments.
- Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within or ahead of the expected timeframe.
- Has a full understanding of the study and method; troubleshoots unexpected results.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Promotes implementation and compliance with WuXi AppTec, Inc. safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph. D degree with 0 – 2 years related experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting using commercial software including Protein Analyte, OS-Q, Metrics, BioPharmaView, Peak Finder, Skyline, etc.
- Experienced with Sciex 6500+, TripleTOF6600+, Orbitrap MS instrumentations and HPLC systems from major vendors including Sciex, Thermo, and Waters.
- Deep expertise in protein biomarker quantitation by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Skill and knowledge in protein chemistry with a relevant experience in performing plate-based assays.
- Has developed broad proficiency in scientific discipline and demonstrates a solid understanding of experiments relevant to specific job responsibility
- Increased understanding of relevant technical aspects as well as literature and data base searching
- Knowledge of commonly used scientific concepts, practices, and procedures within immunoprecipitation field
- Collaboratively researches and proposes methodologies for projects
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in an office environment with typical noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to Lift up to 20 lbs routinely
- Must be able to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Must be able to push/pull up to 20 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.