**Immediate need – ready to hire the right candidate for “off-cycle” immediate start. Current final-year students interested in “on-cycle” June/July 2021 entry also welcome to apply.**
We are seeking a motivated individual interested in joining a team that is transforming healthcare through novel applications of technology to neurological diseases. We are looking for a self-starter with an interest in technology, writing, patient interaction, and healthcare/clinical trial management. Successful applicants will demonstrate adaptability, a diverse skill set, and an aptitude for independent and team endeavors alike. This position is ideal for candidates looking for a ~2 year clinical research experience before entering graduate or professional school (MD, PhD, DDS, MBA, etc).
Position responsibilities may include:
- Conduct in-clinic technology-related research visits (using smartphone apps and wearable sensors) and form meaningful relationships with participants. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.watchpdstudy.org
- Perform virtual visits and assessments with participants nationwide to accelerate clinical trials and help transform research methods. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.athomepd.org
- Draft research protocols, coordinate recruitment, enrollment, and evaluation of participants
- Draft and edit manuscripts, becoming a published author in leading peer-reviewed journals (our work has been published in journals including Nature, JAMA, NEJM, and Cell)
- Present abstracts at national and international research conferences
Position benefits include:
- Gain exposure to patients in clinical settings and through support networks
- Develop close relationships with the participants for whom you coordinate care
- Help transform how care is delivered to patients with chronic conditions
- Collaborate with leaders from academic institutions, biotechnology companies, and nonprofit organizations
- Work closely with national leaders in Parkinson and Huntington disease care and research
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of research, clinical care, coordination, and/or technology experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two year commitment preferred. Immediate start date (but applications for June/July 2021 also accepted for those currently in their final year of school). The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.