This position will support field activities associated with the installation of a dry well at a former MGP site in Astoria, NY. The scope of work includes conducting upwind and downwind perimeter air monitoring and documentation of construction activities as required by a Site Management Plan for the site. The air monitoring results, documentation and photographs will be included in a Periodic Review Report that will be submitted to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). This position may be physically demanding and will require safe lifting of monitoring equipment in an outdoor industrial environment, under variable weather conditions.
* Applies experience and increasing proficiency in the use of environmental practices, and company policies.
* Conduct air monitoring, photo documentation, and follow work plan and safety plan requirements.
* Regularly interacts with other employees and representatives from a variety of suppliers, subcontractors, and clients on project.
* Minimum of 5-year degree in geology, environmental engineering, science or construction-related field, and 5-8 years of construction/environmental/engineering experience.
Must have DRILLING, GROUND WATER SAMPLING and AIR MONITORING experience, 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER Cert (and 8 hr refresher)
Must have 8 hr OSHA HAWOPER SUPERVISOR Cert
* This assignment will include working in an industrial environment, potentially under adverse weather conditions
* May require the equivalent of lifting of up to 50lbs repeatedly over the course of a four to five hour period.
* Long periods of standing and walking required.
* Familiarity with tasks and techniques typically associated with environmental field work.
* Requires a fundamental knowledge of environmental sites, and sound safety minded judgment
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training (and up-to-date 8 hr refresher) required.
* Ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing.
* Successful completion of an occupational capacity evaluation, drug and alcohol testing and background check is required
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
“We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.”
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.