Applicants must fulfill at least one of the following:
- Attend a university located in New York City, OR
- Be a resident of New York City attending a university anywhere
Applicants who have graduated from a university (according to the above requirements) within recent years will also be considered.
Graduate students who moved out of New York City specifically to attend graduate school in another location will also be considered.
Note that international applicants who meet the above requirements must have the ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply @ https://webportalapp.com/sp/home/2020_application AND inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your application. Further instructions are included in the application. You will only need to complete the application once. If you wish to apply for subsequent roles listed by the LifeSci NYC Internship Program, you may simply submit a cover letter for the new role using your existing login.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a continuing college student in good standing at an accredited institution or a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, materials sciences, or a related field.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in chemistry, materials sciences, or related fields.
- Experience applying basic scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects, and resources.
- A high degree of attention to detail and level of accuracy is required.
AS A SCIENCE INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Work with scientists on projects involving hands-on work in a laboratory, and under limited direction and supervision, conduct research in the assigned area.
- Perform technical assignments of a basic degree of complexity, and provide advanced technical support to the lead scientist in scientific research and development projects.
- Present work through presentations and/or poster sessions.