Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver or Victoria
About the Team
This internship will provide opportunities to work with the North American Public Policy & Government Relations team on policy and business development, market analysis, and strategic engagement. The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn and grow, working across the team to support its full range of efforts, with a particular focus on renewable energy policy.
What to Expect
As the Government Relations and Policy Intern, you’ll gain experience in the following areas:
- Gain breadth and depth of knowledge of policy issues facing Tesla, with a focus on renewable energy generation, storage and electricity rates policy.
- Analyze policy initiatives for their impacts on Tesla
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant fields such as Political Science, Public Policy, International Studies, Economics or Business Administration
- Able to make 3-6 month commitment
- Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Capable of working remotely with a high degree of productivity
- Self-starting and solutions oriented
- A strong team player
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset, but not required