Spring Lake Golf Club
Position Available: Bartender
Location: Spring Lake, New Jersey
Job Category: Food & Beverage
Spring Lake Golf Club in Spring Lake, New Jersey is excited to announce the career opportunity of a full-time and/or part-time Bartender for our property. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
We are looking for an individual who has a strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn. We also require that the candidate have a positive attitude and the willingness to put in the time to learn. Candidates must display a professional attitude towards members and employees at all times. At Spring Lake Golf Club, we assure that our program will be a learning experience for the individual, and will teach all possible jobs relating to Food and Beverage and Special Events. We at Spring Lake Golf Club are like no other!
Key Responsibilities of the Bartender:
- Stocks bar, mixes, and serves alcoholic beverages, assists in cost control, inventory and maintaining inventory records.
- Maintains inventory control through conscientious use and careful monitoring of all food and beverage products and communicates with management in a timely manner when supplies are needed.
- Ensures compliance with applicable state liquor laws and standard operating procedures provided by the management.
- Communicates guest requests and concerns to the Department Manager.
- Performs opening and closing duties which include, but are not limited to: inventory, cash control, cleaning, and restocking.
- Knowledge in our point of sales system.
- Reviews banquet schedule for changes, calendar of events, and special events.
- Serves catered parties from service or portable bars.
- Occasionally serves meals to guests.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Bartender:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of bartending experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older to meet state age requirements to serve alcohol.
• Possesses knowledge of cocktail recipes and wine varieties.
• Alcohol Awareness Training/TIPS Certified
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs