Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon’s mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Earn your “C” in 3
Immediate fee- for- service therapist positions available at a premier, out-patient clinic!
Safe Horizon is offering a one of a kind opportunity for you to become an expert in trauma-focused treatments for child and adult victims of crime as we dramatically increase our capacity at our NYS-licensed, Article 31 out-patient clinic in downtown Brooklyn.
We want to connect with you, if you are trauma-focused and have a burning desire to help children and adults recover, heal and transform from trauma. Even if you are seeking a career-changing challenge, have little to no previous experience, but can demonstrate a commitment to issues of social justice and anti-racism. Our clinic provides expert individual LCSW supervision, weekly group training and supervision in several evidence-based treatments including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Child-Parent Psychotherapy, and Seeking Safety. This is your chance to practice in a supportive trauma-informed environment in state-of-the-art, evidence-based models and reach unparalleled professional satisfaction. Spanish-speakers are encouraged to apply.
· Demonstrate exceptional engagement skills and clinical expertise in providing trauma-focused mental health treatment to target client population.
· Provide evidence-based trauma-focused individual treatment to center clients of all ages.
· Timely documentation of all case activities in accordance with Safe Horizon and OMH regulations.
- Masters in Social Work, LMSW or LCSW required
- Expertise in delivering time-limited, evidence-based mental health treatment approaches that can be utilized with target client population;
- Strong interpersonal skills required; a deep understanding of and commitment to, the mission of Safe Horizon and the target client population.
- A minimum of 16 hours and Saturdays required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: