Marketing Specialists are responsible for designing, creating, and delivering marketing programs to maintain and support the growth of the company’s customer base and sales.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Evaluate marketing opportunities and initiate programs to increase awareness and promote RockAuto.com
- Define and manage social media and other online community campaigns
- Develop content for advertising campaigns
- Manage and develop relationships with event coordinators
- Personally execute your projects from start to finish
- Track and analyze the effectiveness and the cost/benefit of marketing campaigns
- Assist in the sales forecasting process
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- Possess a wide range of marketing knowledge including concepts such as Reach, Frequency, Cost/Benefit Analysis, CPA, CPC, CPL, CPM, CPP, CTR, PPC, ISCI, ROI, Traffic, Sales Forecasting, etc.
- Proven success demonstrating sound marketing judgement
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Effective negotiating skills and proven ability to verify or disprove other parties’ claims
- Proficient at writing and editing
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on proficiency with current social media platforms
- Desire and ability to work independently, initiating and executing your own projects without direct supervision
Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office and have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
Preferred but not required:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other image design software
RockAuto is the leading e-commerce auto parts store in a multibillion dollar industry. As a RockAuto Marketing Specialist you will develop, implement, track and optimize our marketing campaigns across all media channels, such as TV, OTT, digital, events, print, direct mail, podcasts, social media, and more! Successful Marketing Specialists stay on top of emerging digital/media trends and apply creative strategies to effectively drive awareness and produce sales while always considering RockAuto’s bottom line. If you have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and have the ability and desire to lead marketing campaigns from concept to execution, we want to hear from you!
Innovation. When RockAuto was founded in 1999, there were no textbook rules on how to successfully market an online business. Today, the “rules” are still in a state of flux. We enjoy the exciting challenge of staying abreast of the latest marketing opportunities and choosing the best path for RockAuto.
Strong growth, unique business model. RockAuto has posted 20 years of double-digit sales growth in a mature industry with very large, established competitors. Cost effective marketing is a driving force in our success.
Open, friendly environment. Everyone sits in an open space, encouraging collaboration and teamwork. Our flat structure creates transparency and enables near-constant implementation of employees’ creative ideas and solutions. Office outings, like the annual winter holiday party, are a great way to connect with fellow employees.
Excellent compensation. RockAuto offers competitive wages, overtime pay for all positions, a generous allowance of paid holidays and personal time off, affordable health insurance, a Simplified Employee Pension for employees with qualifying tenure and a tradition of rewarding individual results and sharing the fruits of company success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. Madison is uniquely centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes. It is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US. Both a capital city and hip college town, Madison provides affordable housing, excellent schools and a wide range of entertainment options and recreational activities.
How to Apply
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@RockAuto.com. In your cover letter please explain why you would be a good fit as a RockAuto Marketing Specialist and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume). Applications that exclude a cover letter will NOT be considered.