Early Career Scientist / Field Geologist
Princeton, NJ, USA
Apply online here: https://ramboll.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Early_Careers/job/Princeton/Environment-and-Health—Early-Career-Scientist—Field-Geologist_JR16547 . Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is seeking motivated and qualified candidates to join our team in our Princeton, New Jersey office as a Scientist / Field Geologist. To succeed in this role, candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline, and up to 3 years of technical and field investigation experience. Are you our new Scientist? Apply today!
Inviting bright minds
We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Join our Environment & Health Department
As our new Scientist, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team providing innovative and sustainable site solutions to an international client base.
The successful candidate will contribute to multiple different projects under the direction of senior geologists / engineers and be responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and perform field tasks as part of environmental investigation and remediation projects at primarily industrial / hazardous waste sites primarily in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and NYC Metro area. Field tasks may include sampling (soil, groundwater, sediment and/or air); subcontractor oversight (drilling, monitoring well installations, etc.); site reconnaissance, etc.
- Coordinate with venders and subcontractors to complete tasks.
- Completion of detailed field documentation such as job safety analysis (JSA) forms, project field forms/reports, field notes, and chain-of-custody forms.
- Contribute to preparation of reports and other documentation; perform analytical data management; and assist in technical evaluations of data commensurate with technical skills.
- Individual must be capable of completing field work with basic supervision and advancing toward working with limited supervision.
- Position will require approximately 80% field work with occasional overnight travel.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. We believe your starting point for growth is:
- B.S. or M.S. in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 0 to 3 years of technical and field investigation experience, including soil/groundwater sampling, soil excavation oversight, well installations/development, soil vapor/indoor air sampling, subcontractor oversight, remedial activities and other related techniques under state and federally regulated programs
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with a variety of field meters/test kits, instruments, pumps, data loggers and other equipment.
- GIT license (or eligibility/interest to obtain) preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software including MS Office products. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and/or gINT a plus.
- Familiarity, or willingness to learn, NJDEP (including the Field Sampling Procedures Manual), PADEP and USEPA regulatory requirements and Technical Guidance documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail, quality, and safety.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer focus, and strong ability to work effectively in teams.
Ramboll Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online here: https://ramboll.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Early_Careers/job/Princeton/Environment-and-Health—Early-Career-Scientist—Field-Geologist_JR16547 . Attach your resume, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
We look forward to receiving your application!
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, pregnancy and maternity, military service and veteran status or any other status protected by the law, to become a part of our journey.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.