Biophysical chemist with objectives to contribute the development of life-saving medicines and to collaborate with fellow pharmaceutical scientists in supporting bioprocess development and product characterization by applying various biophysical techniques, such as advanced spectroscopy, separation techniques, electron microscopy, etc.
- Apply various biophysical techniques in characterizing proteins, nucleic acids, polysaccharides, synthetic polymers, viral capsids, nanoparticles, small molecule metabolites, etc. to support understanding the biotherapeutic products and bioprocess development
- Develop and explore new applications and emerging technology in areas such as advanced molecular spectroscopy, state-of-art molecular separation techniques , electron microscopy, etc.to further advance in depth characterization of product quality attributes.
- Participate in project teams and collaborate with colleagues from different functional lines to provide characterization support to advance portfolio.
- Provide high quality analytical results for regulatory filing and participate in composing regulatory documents.
- Mentor and coach junior scientists.
- PhD in physical biochemistry, analytical biochemistry, biochemistry, chemistry, or relate field, with 0-3 years of post-doctoral or industrial experience in working with biological molecules by using a variety of biophysical tools.
- Strong skills and experience in NMR spectroscopy, analytical ultracentrifugation, electron microscopy, CD spectroscopy and fluorescence spectroscopy are required.
- Skills and knowledge in other molecular spectroscopy techniques such as FTIR spectroscopy, light scattering spectroscopy, etc., is highly desired.
- Familiarity about separation technology including liquid chromatography, field flow fractionation, etc. is also desired.
- Knowledge in polymer science, pharmaceutical sciences, statistical analysis, structural biology and molecular modeling will be considered.
- Knowledge in mass spectrometry, biological assays and other general analytical techniques is also desired.
- Experience in computer skills is helpful, including using MATLAB, Origin, Sigmaplot, etc.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Limited travel
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 3, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES