Exciting opportunity to join an innovative group at the chemical biology nexus in Oncology drug discovery. Integrative Biotechnologies (IBT) is a collaborative group that applies expertise in cell engineering, proteomics and functional genomics across Pfizer’s diverse Oncology portfolio to translate novel breakthroughs into therapies that change patients’ lives. This position is located at Pfizer’s La Jolla CA campus and within a team focused on applying gene targeting approaches to drug development. Team members pursue tumor and immune cell targets while leveraging diverse therapeutic modalities that include enzymatic inhibitors and protein degraders.
We are seeking an experienced molecular biologist to contribute to the success of the IBT group. Responsibilities include using CRISPR-based methods for modification or disruption at scales ranging from individual genes up to genome-wide pooled screens. Specific skills that are highly desired include excellent cell culture technique with experience using lentiviral gene delivery, expertise in PCR-based methods and preparation of NGS libraries, and proficiency using software and data portals for analysis or visualization of genome-scale datasets. Successful candidates will have a team-focused attitude that helps build and strengthen collaborations with colleagues across Tumor Biology, Computational Biology and Chemistry.
- Carry out hands-on lab work for target discovery, validation and characterization using genetic approaches in cultured and primary cells.
- Develop and engineer cell models in alignment with needs of the drug discovery team.
- Complete pooled genetic perturbation screens to uncover novel genetic connections to drug response and resistance.
- Communicate science and strategy effectively.
- M.S. with 2+ years of experience or B.S. with 4+ years of experience, with degree in Genetics, Biology or a related discipline.
- Substantial experience in design, execution and interpretation of cell culture-based experiments.
- Strong ambition and creative problem-solving abilities to achieve data-driven decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Experience using CRISPR-based gene targeting methods.
- Hands-on experience using laboratory automation, e.g. Incucyte, plate readers, FACS, and/or liquid-handling robotics.
- Proficiency using Spotfire, DepMap/CCLE, UCSC Genome Browser, and/or SnapGene.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 3/1/2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES