The E-commerce Intern should possess a background in online sales and will work under the direction of the E-commerce Manager. This person will have a demonstrated passion for business, entrepreneurship, program management, writing, creating, and working with digital assets and technology. The intern will participate in various tasks to support the online gift store for the fall season and will gain a comprehensive understanding of online business operations. This position will be offered in the Oklahoma City, OK office OR with the possibility of interning remotely.
*This is an unpaid internship
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily assist with adding products to our online store.
- Tasks will include creating, collecting and organizing data about products.
- Building product pages in Bigcommerce and other sales channels.
- Editing page information for search engine optimization.
- Weighing and measuring inventory.
- Writing basic descriptions based on company format.
- Sorting physical inventory for transfer orders. Progress will be tracked using spreadsheets.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Major in digital marketing or a relevant area (Business Management, Multimedia digital design, English, computer technology, mass communication)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Demonstrated administrative, computer, digital media, inventory management and writing skills
- Experience in any of the following is preferred but not required: Excel, Databases, Bigcommerce, Shopify, WordPress, Etsy, Poshmark, eBay, social media sales, web development, Inventory control, Photography and Photoshop, Google analytics, business systems, systems troubleshooting.