Job Description: Organic/ Medicinal Chemist (BSc/MSc)
Innovative Molecules LLC is a start-up biotechnology company based within the New Jersey BioScience Incubator at North Brunswick. We are focused on the discovery and development of novel small molecule medicines for the treatment of cancer, metabolic-, and inflammatory-diseases, all areas with significant unmet medical need. Innovative Molecules is combining the power of established pharmacotherapeutic or metabolic activity inherent to many natural or proven compounds with an innovative approach toward improving kinetic and efficacy parameters through the use of clever use of organic chemistry skill and tools. Our approach improves timelines and reduces development risk associated with our research programs. With multiple research programs and developing partnerships, Innovative Molecules is seeking a versatile and creative bench chemist to join the founding team.
In this research position you will play a key role in discovering and advancing compounds for the treatment of major human diseases. Your job will be to synthesize and advance the lead compounds generated toward clinical candidates, including potential scale-up for pre-clinical screening. You should have a passion for medicinal chemistry and a willingness to innovate, and should enjoy and excel at making molecules using modern methods of organic synthesis. Innovative Molecules has the benefit of a seasoned biotech founding leadership and advisor team, with whom you will be working closely.
· Collaboratively set chemistry objectives to advance drug discovery programs
· Compound synthetic pathway design, compound synthesis, and generation of molecular iterations
· Research planning and experimental design to meet ambitious timelines
· Scale-up and process optimization for promising compounds
· Presentation of research results at team meetings, company meetings, and communication with external advisors
· Collaborate with management and IP counsel in preparation of patent filings and prosecution
Required experience and skills:
· Either recent graduate degree in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry or BSc with additional relevant work experience. Hands-on organic/medicinal chemistry synthesis laboratory experience is a key qualifying factor for this position.
· Advanced experimental skills and passion for working at the bench synthesizing target compounds
· Solid analytical skills and experience in compound characterization/identification
· Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask, be well-organized and manage multiple parallel projects, sensitive to deadlines
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
· Candidates must be able to work independently and productively, on a full-time basis
· High degree of scientific intuition and a zest for discovery!
Molecular Innovation offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and benefits. This position is located at North Brunswick, New Jersey. Innovative Molecules is an equal opportunity employer.