Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Animal Health Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Our Veterinary team uses their scientific background to provide technical expertise and education to our customers, sales and marketing teams. With a deep knowledge of pharmacology and animal health, we engage scientific exchange with external experts and industry leaders ensuring the scientific value of our animal health portfolio is understood.
This Veterinary Professional Services Summer Internship will be field-based and can be located anywhere within the United States. The job scope and primary focus for this position is to gain an understanding of and actively support the Veterinary Professional Services strategy across the regions and territories via coordination and execution of activities including:
- Understand the role of Professional Services Veterinarians and participate in field and home office activities
- Ride with a Professional Services Veterinarian in the field
- Developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Participate in field-based events including dinner meetings and meetings with key stakeholders
- Attend a Professional Services Meeting or External Meeting with the Professional Services Team
- Work on expanding the presence and impact of Animal Health Professional Services
- Work on a social media campaign for professional services
- Raise awareness of the profession through education
- Support and service product portfolio
- Develop presentations on disease states (the topic of choice)
- Learn how presentations can affect veterinarians in the field
- Assist in the development and implementation of a field-based research product
- Ensure clear, concise, and timely communication and also problem identification with Professional Services
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in Veterinary School
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 year of veterinary school by June 2022
- Candidates must be available for a period of 9 – 12 weeks beginning the last week of May 2022
- Candidates must be able to travel 40-50% depending on the environment
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Candidates must have general computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad
- Candidates must have the ability to be organized, adapt to a changing environment, work independently and also as part of a team
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have basic knowledge of the Animal Health industry.
- Candidates should have technician or Veterinary Clinic experience.
- Candidates should have research experience.
- Candidates should have GPA of 3.0 or higher
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners, and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, the USA in the United States and Canada, and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.