Do you want to work on a team with a startup mindset within a large, global organization? Do you want to use your Electrical Engineering expertise to help design the newest devices for consumer grooming and personal care routines?
Then L’Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
Learn more about the projects we’ve released through our Augmented Beauty Tech Incubator, including some that we debuted at CES: https://www.lorealtechincubator.com/
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L’Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, locat ed in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I 360 deployment, the Augmented Beauty Tech Incubator Team is responsible for driving beauty tech innovations. This team collaborates with various departments in L’Oreal Research & Innovation, both domestically and internationally, as well as external partners. L’Oréal’s Tech Incubator is responsible for delivering entirely new categories of products and business models to the cosmetics space, often with a focus on new technology. The Tech Incubator is a global cross-functional team of engineers, technologists, formulators, designers and business leads with Hub offices in the US, Europe and Asia and works across all of L’Oréal’s brands and divisions to bring exciting new products and experiences to market.
The L’Oréal Tech Incubator (Augmented Beauty Group) is looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Lead Electrical Engineer to oversee the EE development on highly visible cross-functional projects alongside senior engineers, product managers and designers within the group. The position is located in our offices in Jersey City, New Jersey. The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible in their domain of expertise in ensuring projects within the Tech Incubator are properly specified, fully validated & verified, scalable, and follow best design practices established within the group. The Lead EE will be a subject matter expert from the conception of the project where they will weigh in on complexity, feasibility, and cost and follow projects through launch.
This position will require occasional domestic and international travel (10-15%) in compliance with Local, State, Federal, and International regulations.
You Will . . .
* Concept or oversee an electronic architecture at the beginning of a project
* Work alongside marketing and other engineering experts to create a clear product specification to execute against
* Create Statements of Work (SOWs) that detail out scope of engagement with 3rd party design vendors and manufacturers
* Lead deep-dive design reviews to critique 3rd party partner work and provide directional feedback and/or alternate solutions
* Not be afraid to “get hands dirty” when design challenges arise that need a senior EE voice
* Work alongside Quality teams, establish Validation & Verification testing criteria at various engineering/manufacturing milestones
* Consult in creation of in-line and offline test fixtures and protocols
* Clearly track and communicate electrical related project risks to project leads and executives on a daily or weekly basis
* Be a strong advocate for consumer experience and ensure all electronic/embedded software design is done at the highest level
You Have . . .
* 5+ years of experience in circuit/system design, preferably on consumer electronics and/or connected devices, including component selection, schematic design, board layout, and fabrications, and validations (required)
* 2+ years’ experience as Program Manager, Project Manager, or Technical Engineering Lead; BS or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering degree; will also consider other backgrounds as long as there is experience leading cross-functional projects that included technical teams (required)
* Experience in Consumer Electronics, Consumer Products, Consumer Packaged Goods, Medical device or other consumer-facing field preferred, but will consider other fields
* Demonstrated passion for highly refined user experiences and an eye for detail
* Experience working in and/or leading cross-functional technical teams
* Demonstrated ability to drive [high and/or mid volume] commercial product releases; requires significant experience working with overseas manufacturers
* Demonstrated ability to manage technical staff and the flow of information in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent presentation skills, including slide deck creation, public speaking, and fielding questions on the fly
* Proven ability to present technical requirements, and navigate teams through risk mitigation and product development processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both engineers and clients, with focus on presenting technical information in a manner that facilitates decision making
* Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to documenting design activities throughout the development process
* Experience in DC/DC power design, micro controllers, USB-PD, wireless charging, batteries, RF, antenna, WiFi/Bluetooth, displays, cameras, sensors, SOCs, power ICs, memories, etc.
* Ability to put together detailed product specifications related to electrical engineering
* Ability to perform detailed and thorough DFMEA
* Ability to perform rough cost analysis on electrical components/modules/assemblies
* Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional validations
* Ability to do FA and 8D analysis for electrical issues
* Understanding of statistical process control (Cp, Cpk)
* Experience in lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, VNA’s, thermal test equipment, etc
* Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing, schematics, and circuit design
* Knowledge in design partners, component suppliers, prototype houses, manufacturers
* Have understanding of reliability/quality
* Ability to work with OEM/ODM efficiently and effectively
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams
* Ability to estimate the amount of work and hours required to support project managers with scheduling/resourcing related to electrical design
* Highly motivated and proactive
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to deep dive
* Design skills to the highest standards
You Are . . .
* Proficient in MS Project, SmartSheet, JIRA and other project management tools
* Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
* Skilled in and knowledgeable in product testing
* Able to travel domestically and internationally in compliance with local, State, Federal, and International regulations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.