Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in site remediation and redevelopment activities including, but not limited to contaminated site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing, and evaluation; and report preparation. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities working in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform field inspections and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, gas, groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- 4 to 6 years of related experience with environmental investigations, assessments, and remediation projects in New Jersey;
- Working knowledge of NJDEP Site Remediation Program regulations and guidance;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing and lab coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement field work, and to provide initial field training to new team members;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications; AutoCAD, GIS modeling and mapping experience preferred;
- Ability to work in the office and the field as necessary;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and current OSHA 8-hour refresher required;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.