Technical Marketing Leader – Job Description
Jarchem is an ISO 9001 & 22000 leading manufacturer and global supplier of functional, consumer conscious and environmentally-friendly ingredients from plant, mineral and fermentation sources for Personal Care, Home Industrial & Institutional Cleaning, Food & Beverage and Metalworking. Since 1978, Jarchem has led the industry with a strong focus on innovation with custom & confidential work to provide clients with an advantage in the marketplace.
The candidate’s main responsibilities are to develop strategic marketing plans for Home & Personal Care to increase overall market presence and customer/prospect engagement. The role is accountable for Market Development & Research, Sales/Competitive Intelligence Support, Tradeshow/Event & Marketing Materials Support, Web & Social Engagement and Marketing Materials & Management while creating and staying within Marketing budgets.
The Technical Marketing Leader will work with Jarchem Product & Industry Managers to grow the revenue of Jarchem’s Markets by developing successful marketing campaigns that drive brand & product presence through tradeshows, networking events, press releases, online content (JII website & partner sites), social media, technical marketing literature, e-blasts, market research and competitive intelligence. The Technical Marketing Leader will work closely with managers on brand value propositions, product positioning, and overall content structure optimization. By leveraging analytics, the Marketing Leader will uncover insights about our business and customers with the goal of improving sales and the customer experience.
The qualified candidate must have a chemistry or science-related bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 2-4 years of marketing experience in personal and/or home care markets, proficiency with MS Office, WordPress and Adobe (Photoshop) applications. The ideal candidate must possess strong organization, written communication & presentation skills, pay excellent attention to detail and be an effective leader across departments to drive revenue goals and take charge of marketing campaigns that optimize ROI and the user experience. The candidate must also be flexible with the ability to think proactively in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The position provides a successful candidate with the opportunity to collaborate with all departments at Jarchem and offer innovative suggestions to aide with business development and continue Jarchem’s strong and quickly growing business!
The role is based out of Jarchem offices in Newark, NJ.
Market Development & Research
· Create comprehensive marketing plans for product launches and execute from conception to launch and analysis.
· Work with product managers to operate effective Go-To-Market processes ensuring key marketing deadlines are achieved in a timely fashion
· Increase brand awareness and image via tradeshows, networking events, literature and internet outreach
· Increase our current customer network outreach: e-blasts, product/application/literature/formulation updates etc.
· Anticipate and implement necessary adjustments to our brand strategy and execution process to support expansion through new marketing initiatives and campaigns
· Identify and propose new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences
- Stay current on Global regulatory & marketing updates in Personal Care and other relevant industries
Sales/Competitive Intelligence Support
· Collaborate with product managers to maintain a consistent brand voice and messaging
· Develop strategies & tactics to drive customer relationships and optimize data captured
· Presentations to prospects, customers, product managers and sales representatives on technical concepts & industry trends
· Preparation & design of product presentations
· Build competitive intelligence/customer identification/ inquiry management as requested by utilizing internal tools
· Attend tradeshows, seminars and industry events as necessary
Tradeshow, Event & Marketing Materials Coordination
· Develop Tradeshow booth design, layout, slogans/wording, setup and plans
· Track responses and results of Tradeshow efforts
· Work with Technical Applications Chemist on best practices to highlight key formulations and ingredients
· Coordinate the planning, setting up, and inquiry follow-up for Tradeshows
· Maintain inventory of marketing materials and giveaways and think creatively of new offerings
Web, Social, e- and Intranet Coordination
· Create E-blast content for all Markets with distribution schedules for products, applications and holidays
· Update and maintain Jarchem Email Blast List (General and Industry Specific)
· Manage, analyze and present E-blast statistics into actionable goals and leads
· Manage IT of Jarchem website in conjunction with outside webmaster
· Draw more traffic to our website via SEO, Native, Social Marketing and other internet avenues
· Manage, analyze and present Google Analytics and SEO for Jarchem Website into actionable goals
· Update website actively with new data and updated documents
· Develop, manage and maintain our presence with third party Product Listing providers
· Review information internally and externally to create product specific technical marketing data
· Continuously develop skills to enhance WordPress user experience
· Communicate with advertising vendors on messaging for press releases and advertising
General Marketing / Other
· Create annual strategic marketing planning, development and implementation based on industry/product value statements
· Manage & analyze Marketing Budget while driving more sales through marketing efforts
· Work with product managers, sales reps, customers, operations and third party manufacturers on any marketing information that needs to be gathered
· Create, maintain, write, and improve Brochures, TDSs, Product Statements, etc. to support the business
· Updating Technical Data Sheets with newly researched or developed technical data
· Create/maintain formatting of all documents distributed externally
· Other assignments as designated
· BS in Chemistry or science-related degree
· 2-4 years of Marketing experience in Personal and/or Home Care Markets
· Curious individual with an eagerness to learn
· Creative thinker with technical writing capabilities
· Passion for organization and pays strong attention to detail
· An entrepreneurial spirit, someone that takes initiative in a quickly growing environment