All applications must be completed through our website:
or this link:
The Security Officer at Homeless Solutions, Inc. is responsible for maintaining order to assist in the safe and effective operation of our Shelter facilities. This role will encompass a broad level of responsibilities and experience including enforcing rules and regulations while working with the clients in our Main Shelter, as well as supporting the operations of our seasonal Warming Center and offsite group housing. Ideal candidates will appreciate the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the field of social services, security enforcement and direct care for vulnerable populations, while assisting in the progress of our clients from a place of homelessness to independence and appropriate living environments.
This role is a full time on-site, hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Shelter Administrator. Multiple shifts available, full and part time, day, evening and weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities will include maintaining the safety and security of our facilities, while working with Case Management Staff to understand the individual needs and services for shelter clients to best facilitate their success in our programs, as well as:
- Conducting frequent security checks including patrolling grounds, providing vigilant watch for threats to safety, and searches for contraband.
- Monitoring and maintaining a safe front desk environment.
- Circulation among guests, visitors, employee and volunteers to maintain order and safety for people and property.
- Providing accurate and timely reporting of all appropriate events.
HSI values the safety and well being of our staff as a priority. To that end, we have implemented multi-layered safety protocols including wellness checks, onsite COVID testing, providing PPE as required, and ensuring safe working environments through structural adjustments like plexiglass dividers, and stringent cleaning and response protocols.
- High School Diploma
- Current state registration as a security officer (SORA)
- Basic knowledge of and demonstrated experience with administrative functions and Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Good oral, written and basic computer skills
- Subject to satisfactory periodic background checks
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance and reliable transportation are required during the scheduled hours for this position.
- Available for evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying supplies, up to 20 pounds
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the residential housing facility, including navigating stairs and ramps. Ability to perform the responsibilities of this role on site at all HSI facilities.
- Clarity of vision at close and long range.
- Relevant security experience
Full time employees of Homeless Solutions are eligible for competitive compensation packages including fully paid medical, dental, life and long term disability coverage, as well as immediate participation in a 401k retirement savings plan with a company match, up to 6% of salary and generous PTO plans.