How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier health-care system. As a food service host you will enjoy working with a team of energized peers who together orchestrate a top level food host experience. You are joining a team that prides itself as top ranked in the country for health care dining.
The Food Service Host will prepare and deliver patient meals within strict deadlines. Must maintain highest level of patient satisfaction for food and nutrition in the Meridian Hospital system.
A day in the life of a Food Service Host at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- The Host is the main customer service representative from the Food Services Department to the patient.
- The Host is responsible for tray delivery and service as well as assisting patients to communicate with the Food Service Department.
- The Host orients patients to room service, assesses the level of participation in room service, reviews all notes or requests documented for a patient and helps to guide the patient through the menu selection process.
- The Host clean and sanitize food carts at the end of each shift and maintain an overall cleanly work environment.
- The Host accurately enter in menu selections for the patient, the time of delivery and note any additional requests.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Basic computer and mobile device skills.
- Experience in food service and healthcare preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule primarily 4pm-8pm including every other weekend and some holidays.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.