The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
The Biopharma Enterprise Solution Developer for the Biologics business unit supports the installation life cycle of the Genedata Biopharma Platform at customer sites in the US and in the cloud. The primary role is the development of configurations and external solutions to assist with the roll-out of our core product at customer sites. This position is also responsible for installing, maintaining, and updating the Genedata Biopharma Platform and contributing to technical, quality, and process documentation.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington (Boston Area), MA and requires minimal travel (10%)
- Execute and provide support for software installations, upgrades, and server migrations including in the cloud
- Implement system configurations based on customer requirements
- Active participation in code review process and perform testing on software developed by others
- Address technical helpdesk requests and classify for case follow-up and closure
- Manage internal installations for test, development, demonstration, service, or integration projects
- Execute and maintain IT SOPs for hardware and software services such as hardware/operation qualification and installation acceptance (e.g. IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Assist internal team to document customer requirements for development projects and create technical specification deliverables for deployments
- Implement external applications/plugins to facilitate the integration of Genedata Biopharma platform products with customer work processes, instruments, and external systems
- Communicate with counterparts in EU professional services teams to bring in-depth technical knowledge in-house
- Provide internal and external trainings for technical topics (e.g. data model, SDK, APIs).
Skills & Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in a computer-science, life-science, engineering field, or relevant training
- 1-2 year of professional work experience
- Proficiency back-end programming in Java and Python
- Proficiency working in a Linux/UNIX environment including bash scripting
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as Oracle
- Experience with git, JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket or other set of agile development tools and workflows
- Experience with installation, support, verification processes on both remote systems and AWS cloud operating environments
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical skills and information quickly
- Strong English written and verbal skills
- Solid understanding of MS-Office
- Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.