Centercourt Futures Part-Time Coach
Saturday morning needed immediately
Location: Centercourt Athletic Club of Chatham
The Centercourt Futures program is an athletic progression program for children 18 months up to 5 years old. It is designed to help children develop and increase motor skills that are beneficial for any future sport, and a great start to living a healthy, active lifestyle. The goals and curriculum are focused on hanging, swinging, climbing, balance, agility, air awareness, safety falling and rolling, and coordination. Classes are 45 minutes long. Each class has a specific child to coach ratio to ensure each group is participating and engaging in a fun and effective way. The age groups are as follows:
- 18 months up to 2 yrs old (Parent & Tot)
- 2 year olds (Toddlers)
- 3 year olds (Early Preschool)
- 4 year olds (Preschool)
The Parent & Tot and Toddler classes have a 4:1 ratio, while the Early Preschool and Preschool classes have a 5:1 ratio. We have brand new equipment that is used specifically for this program including bars, mats, many colors, visuals, etc. to help children stay engaged, follow directions, and get the most out of their experience in the class.
As a coach in the Centercourt Futures program, you will have the opportunity to work with very young children (18 months up to 5 years old). Children will be at the beginner level, learning basic gross motor skills necessary to play any sport in their future. You will also be encouraging children to live healthy lifestyles by learning that movement is fun! As a coach, you will be providing these children with the opportunity to grow in confidence and physical ability, learning lessons and skills that will last a lifetime.
Previous experience working with children (camps, schools, coaching, etc.) is a plus, but it is ok if you do not have a lot of experience coaching specific skills like hanging, swinging, climbing, balance, etc. It’s about personality, experience, enthusiasm, energy, willingness to learn, and the ability to engage with very young children.
All coaches will be trained on the following:
- Mission and goals of the Centercourt Futures program
- Curriculum and progressions
- Schedule and class rotations
- Working with preschool age children
- Basic spotting techniques
- Using the equipment
As a coach, your responsibilities/duties will include:
- Working with the children in an organized, fun, and structured class
- Setting up before classes and putting away equipment at the end of classes
- Having a positive attitude, being energetic and enthusiastic!
- Being organized, reliable, and prepared to teach your classes
- Being patient and kind, focused on learning and fun while also keeping the class safe and at an appropriate level of challenge.
- Be a team player – ready to learn from others as well as share your gifts and skills with the team
- Interacting with parents, other coaches, and directors
- Taking attendance at each class
What can you expect as a coach?
- Our coaching curricula, session and schedule information
- A great experience to add to your resume
- The chance to inspire, motivate and educate young children
- Variety of available coaching hours both weekdays and weekends
Hourly Rate: Starting at $15/hour
If you’re interested or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org