Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 5 global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Local Markets & Commodities, Primary & Credit Markets & Prime Solutions and Financing.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. GM Americas has approximately 700 staff.
Global Markets Americas Operational Risks & Permanent Control (“GMA OPC”) is part of the Global Markets Americas Chief Conduct and Controls Office. The GMA OPC framework is a key component in the assessment and management of non-financial risks and implementation of the controls framework. The team collaborates with Trading, Sales, Structuring, and Risks Management teams (2LOD) to help keep non-financial risks to an acceptable level.
The GMA Chief Conduct and Controls Office (CCCO) is part of Global Markets front office, but independent from the business and monitors:
- Trading & Sales business activity and electronic Communications, with the objective of deterring, detecting, and preventing Conduct Risk breaches
- Developing automated tools for monitoring and performing customized data analytics
- Escalating potential issues and resolving satisfactorily
- Developing systems capabilities and customizing new systems to meet firm expectations
As a GMA Analyst, you will engage in immersive training as well as ongoing learning development as a member of the Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP). You will have the unique ability to develop interpersonal skills and gain global exposure through contributions to technical projects and relationships with both clients and colleagues across the global organization.
- Contribute to transversal projects supporting the overall supervisory structure for Global Markets (ie Written Supervisory Procedures remediation efforts)
- Support the maintenance of the supervisory hierarchy and perform necessary updates in a timely manner.
- Independently act as the point of contact for other Global Markets Control Execution tools in day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting. Interact with Senior Management, Global Markets stakeholders, and Rick Management teams through ongoing initiatives to grow business line knowledge.
- Act as a policy coordinator for Global Markets to ensure policies and procedures are updated on a timely basis and engage Central Policy team to ensure compliance with global policy governance.
- Assist with monitoring, tracking, and closure of transversal findings from internal audit, compliance testing, and regulatory missions.
- Provide support for the non-financial risk assessments, control execution and monitoring.
- Assist with the development and implementation of efficient and robust control processes, tools, and reporting.
- Help to ensure proper non-financial risk governance and documentation is in place across Global Markets.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation date of December 2021
- All majors accepted
- Willingness to learn and self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken).
- Analytical problem solver
- Intermediate level Excel skills
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) is designed to equip you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area of the bank you are joining, you will be part of an award-winning team of specialists who work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will give you the tools to succeed and allow you to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Program Partner who will act as your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to network with colleagues and gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York/New Jersey, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Washington, DC and Chesterbrook, PA.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world. BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) platform and Asset Management platform, along with our retail presence through Bank of the West, provide services to:
- Support our clients transition to a lower carbon economy and an increasingly sustainable business model through forward-looking financing and investing solutions
- Help businesses raise capital in the US and globally by leveraging an international network spanning 68 countries
- Offer consistent client service and innovative approaches for investment, hedging and financing opportunities across asset classes and geographies, as well as research and market intelligence to help our clients make strategic decisions
- Support local communities by funding projects to improve technology, infrastructure, clean energy, and agriculture
- Help women entrepreneurs, start-up organizations, individuals and families reach their goals through savings, community lending, and wealth management