BEM Systems, Inc. (BEM) is a nationwide consulting firm, which provides comprehensive environmental consulting services and data management solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. Our areas of technical practice are focused on environmental planning and compliance, remediation, water resources, and environmental data management and software development Our firm enjoys a distinguished reputation for client responsiveness and creative problem solving. As an employee-owned small business, we look for team players who demonstrate individual initiative and embrace new challenges.
BEM has an excellent opportunity for a project-level Engineer/Geologist/Environmental Scientist position to support the Site Remediation group in New Jersey. Our growing backlog of challenging projects throughout New Jersey has created exciting career opportunities for an individual that is interested in conducting a variety of environmental services for remediation and compliance projects. This individual will work directly with project managers providing support to various projects, including developing sampling plans, conducting field investigations, data analysis and site characterization and report writing. This position’s main responsibilities are to support several projects under different managers, become an expert in executing projects and field investigations, maintaining compliance with New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) regulations, and preparation of reports while working under the guidance of experienced engineers, geologists, and scientists.
- Support field investigations (soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water). Includes coordination of field events, soil characterization and field screening, oversight of monitoring well installations and abandonments, annual groundwater monitoring, oversight of soil and groundwater remediation activities, collection of waste characterization samples, and oversight of demolition projects.
- Provide office support for projects, including supporting the preparing of permits, work plans, and technical reports.
- Preparation of documents such as PAR/SIR/RIR/RAR.
· Familiarity with NJDEP regulations and technical guidance documents
· Obtain HAZWOPER certification per 29 CFR 1910.120.
- 1 – 3 years of professional experience conducting site remediation, including developing sampling plans, conducting field investigations and report writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Geology/Environmental Sciences or another related field.
Abilities and Skills
- Self-motivated team player.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and within established deadlines.
- Strong understanding on NJDEP regulations and requirements including guidance documents.
· Preferred field skills include experience conducting soil logging, soil and groundwater sampling, vapor investigations and use of global positioning systems.
· Ability to utilize electronic data collection applications (Fulcrum) and modeling software is a benefit.
Compensation and Benefits:
BEM offers a competitive compensation package with a starting annual salary based upon the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate as well as a comprehensive benefits package including participation in our matching 401(k) Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage. As a member of our team, BEM provides excellent opportunities for long-term career growth and future skills development including extensive training opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program.
Reply in confidence to:
Manager of Corporate Administration
BEM Systems, Inc., Corporate Office
100 Passaic Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928
Equal Opportunity Employer