From the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions
- The Brown University Gateways Program opens the gate to careers in medicine, healthcare and research.
The application deadline is May 15, 2021. Classes begin July 2021.
Gateways to Medicine, Healthcare and Research at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University provides a rigorous academic program that prepares students for careers in these fields. The program offers a 1-year Master of Science in Medical Sciences degree. Benefits include:
- A small class size that ensures individualized attention.
- A robust curriculum on par with the first year of an Ivy League medical school.
- Longitudinal clinical experience and project work at a community healthcare site serving vulnerable patient populations.
- Career mentoring and advising.
- Access to Brown University facilities and resources.
Classes begin in July for master’s degree candidates. Encourage your advisees to learn more about this program and apply to meet the May 15 deadline.
2. Tour for Diversity in Medicine and the Post Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program at the College of Science and Technology, Temple University have partnered to provide a virtual event for students from diverse backgrounds interested in the health care professions and the advisors and mentors that support them.
This 3-evening (6-9 PM) event, February 2-4, 2021, will feature informational workshops with students, physicians, and deans on topics such as critical test-taking strategies, the importance of mentorship, interview skills, and more. Speakers include T4D Mentors in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and optometry, as well as current and former CST post-baccalaureate students and professional students. The final evening features a panel of admissions deans and directors from Philadelphia medical, dental, podiatry, and physician assistant schools.
|A Career in Healthcare: Know Your Options|
|The Application Process: Firsthand Experiences|
|Responding to COVID-19: Perspectives from the Frontline|
|Journey of Post Baccalaureate Students: How We Made It to Professional School|
|Outside the Numbers: What Else Should You Be Doing?|
|Open Q&A with the Mentors|
|Meet the Deans: Deans of Philadelphia Professional Schools|
|Critical Skills: How to Approach Standardized Test-taking|
|Race and Racism in Healthcare|